ACCESS OUR LIBRARY
Globally, the average cost of a slave is €120.
Trafficking primarily involves exploitation which comes in many forms, including:
– Forcing victims into prostitution
– Subjecting victims to slavery or involuntary servitude
– Compelling victims to commit sex acts for the purpose of creating pornography
– Misleading victims into debt bondage
It’s estimated 80% of trafficking involves sexual exploitation, and 19% involves labour exploitation.
- Nearly 70 percent are female and many are children.
- Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry (behind illegal drugs and arms trafficking).
- It reportedly generates a profit of $32 billion every year. Around half which is made in the developed world.
- Trafficked victims come from all age groups, however many are female and under 18 years old.
- Only 1-2 percent of victims are rescued
- Only 1 in 100,000 Europeans involved in trafficking are convicted
- Approximately 30 million children have lost their childhood through sexual exploitation over the past 30 years.
- Sexual slaves are raped up to 40 times per day.
- Every 2 minutes, a child is being prepared for sexual exploitation