Globally, the average cost of a slave is €120.
Trafficking primarily involves exploitation which comes in many forms, including:
– Forcing victims into prostitution
– Subjecting victims to slavery or involuntary servitude
– Compelling victims to commit sex acts for the purpose of creating pornography
– Misleading victims into debt bondage
- Nearly 70 percent are female and many are children.
- Human trafficking is the third largest international crime industry (behind illegal drugs and arms trafficking).
- It reportedly generates a profit of $32 billion every year. Around half which is made in the developed world.
Only 1-2 percent of victims are rescued
Only 1 in 100,000 Europeans involved in trafficking are convicted
Approximately 30 million children have lost their childhood through sexual exploitation over the past 30 years.
Sexual slaves are raped up to 40 times per day.
Every 2 minutes, a child is being prepared for sexual exploitation
Print This Page