RENATE MISSION STATEMENT
Together with Church, State and Civil Society, in conjunction with realising the UN Sustainable Development Goals, RENATE Network is committed to:
- Working tirelessly to rehabilitate victims, free the world of sexual and labour exploitation, slavery and forced organ harvesting.
- Addressing the root causes of systemic injustice that creates and sustains this vile trade in human lives.
- Using its network to strengthen communication and co-operation between countries of origin, transit and destination.
- Providing opportunities for the full reintegration of victims which can include protection in a safe home, acquisition of proper documents and training for meaningful work so that victims can regain and be enabled to live life to the full.
- Educating society, particularly youth, to view all forms of human trafficking and exploitation as totally unacceptable.
- Challenging judicial and civil authorities to adopt and enforce legislation that protects victims, provides them with adequate compensation, punishes clients and buyers and seizes the assets of perpetrators.
- Collaborating with the media in efforts to bring a strong voice to the attention of the world denouncing all aspects of human trafficking and exploitation.